On-site wireless telephony on your IP Network
Business Mobility IP DECT provides users access to the company’s corporate directory. At all times the telephone numbers and names of the entire organization are at hand. Users can also see the presence of the person they need. No need to search for personal contact information or consult the nearest PC screen, just browse to the right person in your DECT handset and check the person’s presence status.
Business Mobility IP DECT provides powerful text and alarm messaging capabilities for a wide variety of applications in different types of business. With messaging, staff can be alerted about incidents such as a fire, nurse calls or status of industrial processes. As such it also replaces separate paging systems. Messaging includes individual messages to terminals, broadcast messages to a group of terminals and confirmation messages by the user. Different priority levels allow staff to differentiate between messages.
- Crystal clear audio quality up to HD audio
- Appealing and ergonomic handsets deliver optimal mobility, flexibility and comfort of use
- Easy access to a central directory and employee presence info
- High feature transparency so you can use the same facilities while away from your desk
- Roaming between networks allows you to use the handset on different (remote) locations
- Full security with secure DECT air interface, uniquely identified handsets and voice encryption
- Easy deployment – plug and play install and downloadable software in APs and handsets
- A scalable solution (up to 750 APs in IP DECT system) for large campuses or organizations
- Messaging and alarming functions offer the optimum in messaging and personal security
Business Mobility IP DECT can also be used to locate DECT handsets and their users. This can be essential if e.g. staff need immediate assistance from colleagues. Pushing the SOS button on the phone, the system alerts staff to provide assistance, while the system automatically provides the location information
The IP network can be one single converged voice/data network or a dedicated network. An Access Point provides 12 DECT channels and supports up to 11 simultaneous calls. An IP DECT configuration can also support other applications such as voice mail, web-based telephony, central directory, and messaging. A DAP Manager is required for installation, maintenance, subscription, wide area roaming, and messaging.
NEC’s AP400 Series is CAT-iq enabled, including wideband audio for superior sound quality. The range starts with the AP400S, aimed at small businesses, that can be configured up to 10 access points at a very attractive price. Next in line is the AP400C, designed for small to medium sized businesses, while the full enterprise AP400 caters for larger organizations and networks. The series is compatible with all NEC IP communication platforms as well as many systems of other brands that are based on standard SIP interfaces.
IP DECT provides wireless telephony in a single converged network that can be used for both fixed and wireless telephony. The IP DECT infrastructure provides the following features:
- DECT on top of IP and SIP based communication platforms
- Access Points connect directly to the IP network
- Support of 11 simultaneous calls per AP400
- Support of DECT compatible handsets
- Power over Ethernet (IEEE802.3af)
- Optional G.729 compression with add-on board
- Crystal clear speech, roaming and seamless handover
- Secure voice communication through DECT authentication and encryption
- Support of Short Messaging (LRMS) up to 160 characters
- Scalable solution up to 2000 APs in one network and in combination with existing AP200 and AP300 series APs
- Main and branch office support over LAN/WAN improving the overall business efficiency from single office environments to a campus or even metropolitan area
- Easy maintenance: downloadable software and web based tooling
- Increased reachability and productivity of employees
- Easy deployment and installation: plug and play
- Cost savings on infrastructure and cellular use
- All the voice quality, security, availability and feature transparency of DECT